29 March, 2005

Where do I begin?

I have, for a long time, been musing about starting to blog. Last week, I analyzed for myself what was motivating me to blog and what was keeping me from starting to do so. Thus emerged this set of positives and negatives (wrt me):

Positives:
  • Regular exercise of thinking and writing. I write far less than I used you a couple of years back and blogging may be a good way to start writing on a more regular basis.
  • Broaden's one's viewpoint / perspective when friends comment on your entry
  • May help in gaining clarity (writing itself helps clarify and then others' responses may help too)
  • I enjoy reading others' blog entries many times
  • May help in networking and meeting new friends
Negatives:
  • A part of me feels it is too public a domain to publish my thoughts and feelings. I understand blogging sites do provide one with a lot of control on who can see and who can't. But still, writing to an unknown audience seems daunting.
  • Sometimes I think it is pointless. After all these are just arbit ramblings
  • Starting trouble - getting a username that I like and also that first entry which will get things rolling
Today I finally seem to have gotten over the "starting trouble". :) And that's partly thanks to some friend who had created a blogger account for me back in Nov, 2003!

Finally I have begun blogging.. let's see how it goes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it going girl!!! Thats a start

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

one more enters the blogging world...

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home